NRHM initiatives to provide effective healthcare to rural and urban population throughout the state with special focus on the backward districts with weak human development and health indicators especially among the poor and marginalized groups like women and the vulnerable sections of the society. It focus on various strategic measures to ensure quality rural health care services to the targeted community.
Vision of NRHM
- Provide effective healthcare to rural population throughout the state.
- Increase public spending on health with increased arrangement for community financing and risk pooling.
- Undertake architectural correction of the health system to enable it to effectively handle increased allocations and promote policies that strengthen public health management and service delivery in the state.
- Revitalize local health traditions and mainstream AYUSH into the public health system.
- Effectively integrate of health concerns, through decentralized management at district level, with determinants of health like sanitation and hygiene, nutrition, safe drinking water, gender and social concerns.
- Address inter-state and inter-district disparities.
- Set time bound goals and report publicly of progress.
- Improve access of rural people, especially poor women and children to equitable, affordable, accountable and effective primary health care.
- ASHA-Accredited Social Health Activist
- Mainstreaming AYUSH under NRHM
- Untied Fund to Sub centre
- Institutionalizing Hospital Management Society/ (Rogi Kalyan Samiti)
- Mobile Medical Units
- Strengthening of PHC/CHC/UGPHC to India Public Health Standard
For more information, click on the above points.