Programme/ Reproductive & Child Health
Reproductive & Child Health
Salient features of RCH - II Program:
- Adoptions of Sector vide approach which effectively extends the program reach beyond RCH to the entire Family Welfare sector.
- Building State ownership by involving states and UT's from the outset in development of the program.
- Decentralization through development of District and State level need based plans.
- Flexible programming with a view to moving away from prescriptive scheme based micro planning and instead allowing States to develop need based work plans with freedom to decide upon program inputs.
- Capacity building at the District, state and the Central level to ensure improved program implementation. In particular, thse emphasis being on strengthening financial management systems and monitoring and evaluation capabilities at different levels.
- Adoption of the logical frame works as a program management tour to support and outcome driven approach.
- Performance based funding to ensure adherence to program objectives, reward good performance and support weak performers through enhance technical performance.
- Pool financing by the development partners to simplify and rationalized the process of assessing external assistance.
- Convergence, both inter sectoral as well as intra-sectoral to optimize utilization of resource as well as infra structural facilities.